Medical Office Secretary - Exec Committee Med Staff
The candidate shall support the Office of Command Communications/Public Affairs at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), Bethesda, Maryland with the design and review of reports, presentations, abstracts, manuscripts, posters and other communication products for internal and external audiences. The incumbent will need to function in a work environment which may frequently shift priorities and critical/focal issues in response to changing needs and a developing organizational structure, both within and beyond WRNMMC and the NCR. Adaptability and flexibility will be requisite, in order to maximize resources and achieve efficient, effective communication operations. Performance requires the ability to understand multiple means/types of health care service delivery/providers and to effectively convey the parameters, availability and desirability of these resources to the Office of Command Communications. This position is contingent upon award.
Qualifications: The candidate must meet or exceed the following qualification criteria:
- Associates Degree
- 1. At least 2 years of Graphic Design experience.
- Knowledge of basic design fundamentals and fonts and ability to design simple flyers and graphs for Command-wide distribution using Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, etc.).
- Ability to autonomously assemble information for use in reports and follow up on commitments made in meetings.
- Ability to screen material prior to distribution for suspense dates, and to establish controls to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Ability to resolve complex problems autonomously through research, analyze a process and suggest process improvement options, work independently and with minimal supervision and to maintain confidential information.
- High-end skills in word processing with standard office automation software, and/or related equipment (e.g., printers, fax machines, etc.,), using a standard keyboard. Must have research editing experience.
- High-end knowledge of processing procedures and functions for several varieties of software to produce a wide range of documents to enhance productivity or meet the needs of complex formats.
- Ability to analyze, integrate and act upon a large amount of information or customer service data quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, meet deadlines and complete projects in a competing priority environment. Ability to understand the chain of command and how to utilize it effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal/written communication skills enabling the incumbent to establish and maintain effective relationships with, and gain the cooperation of, supervisors, managers, co-workers, and personnel in other departments.Specific Duties/Tasks The Candidate Shall Perform:
- The Medical Office Secretary will provide the following services to include but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Designs communication products including web banners, posters, and brochures as needed using graphic design software such as using Microsoft Office Publisher, PowerPoint and Adobe Software as instructed.
- Performs a full range of in depth technical and regulatory review of regulatory applications and internal and external command communications products identifying gaps and deficiencies. Should commit to a high quality of review and timeliness of completion to ensure a right-first-time approach to submissions.
- The incumbent technically reviews Human Subject Research submission for compliance with Army, Navy, DOD, and Federal regulatory requirements. The work contributes to the efficiency and capability of WRNMMC to manage effective, time-sensitive and highly visible Communications/Research program to both internal and external audiences.
- Reviewing submissions from all local, national, and international formulation and analytical studies involving Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) personnel and/or impacting WRNMMC patients.
- Maintain electronic records of protocol and non-protocol publications submitted to the Office of Command Communications (formerly Public Affairs Office) of Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
- Supports the Communications Director as needed with updates on research submissions, walk-ins, request for products, works in collaboration with Walter Reed National Military Medical Center's Command clinics and providers to ensure request/clearances are met.
- Relevant Command Communication information is fluid and requires constant update and monitoring. The incumbent's contract with multiple sources of information is critical. These contracts often require tact, diplomacy, finesse and assertiveness in the establishment of cooperative relationships in order to provide reliable information and to assist in developing refined Command Communication products.
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.