The candidate shall provide Management Analyst services for the Strategic Communications Department, Command Communications Directorate at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), Bethesda, Maryland. The incumbent is the Office Manager, Administrative Assistant and Marketing Assistant. The work contributes to the efficiency and capability of WRNMMC to manage effective, time-sensitive and highly visible Communications programs to both internal and external audiences. This position is contingent upon award.
Qualifications: The candidate must meet or exceed the following qualification criteria:
- A four year degree in communications, marketing, business communications or a related field.
- A minimum of four years' experience commensurate with major duties and responsibilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the organization, function, organizational culture, and operations of WRNMMC and of the major issues, goals, and objectives of the organization to properly identify market opportunities, and formulate marketing plans and strategies which support the WRNMMC strategic and annual plans for existing and future health care services including enrollment affecting fiduciary related issues.
- Expert knowledge of marketing and strategic communications including education principles, and methods associated with health care, product line, and consumer marketing.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated experience applying principles and tenets of Strategic Communications and Marketing with a high degree of resourcefulness, ingenuity and creativity to diverse populations.
- The position requires knowledge of statistical techniques, information management principles, and operations research in order to be able to develop functional requirements for data analysis and to perform program management marketing/cost-benefit analysis, and other functions.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of Department of Defense and federal government rules, regulations, and culture and has the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced healthcare system in which political issues may affect delivery of services.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, meet deadlines and complete projects in a stressful but challenging environment. Ability to influence senior leadership, and guide subordinates. Understanding of the chain of command and how to utilize it effectively.
- The incumbent will need to function in a work environment which may frequently shift priorities and critical/focal issues in response to changing needs and a developing organizational structure, both within and beyond WRNMMC and the NCA. Adaptability and flexibility will be requisite, in order to maximize resources and achieve efficient, effective marketing operations. Performance requires the ability to understand multiple means/types of health care service delivery/providers and to effectively convey the parameters, availability and desirability of these resources to the Strategic Communications Service Chief.
Specific Duties/Tasks The Candidate Shall Perform:
This is a strategic management position that manages the advertising, promotion and enrollment campaigns that affect the fiscal bottom line of the hospital. The position is located in the Strategic Communications Department under the Command Communications Directorate. The Management Analyst will provide the following services to include but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Strategic Communications department Data Analysis expert and must interpret the outcomes and measurements of patients utilizing Specialty Care Services and recommend courses of action that increases usage.
- Assist activities that require the development, management and implementation of detailed marketing and educational plans, goals, objectives for short and long-term implementation, as well as the criteria for evaluating marketing effectiveness Interact with printers on technical and quality outcomes.
- Expert in marketing, media placement and marketing data analysis who identifies and defines major issues and obstacles that effect the enrollment of patients to WRNMMC.
- Primary Advisor to the Command Communications Directorate leadership on enrollment data and changes in TRICARE benefits.
- Manager of Specialty Care patient education campaigns including but not limited to The Murtha Cancer Center National promotion.
- Primary designer and advisor on enrollment campaign promotions layout and design and possesses expert professional proficiently in InDesign, Photoshop, and Word and prepares final graphics for digital output in chosen media.
- Primary researcher on current and changing TRICARE benefits as promoted to target beneficiary audiences.
- Primary consultant to the Command Communications Directorate leadership on issues and data pertaining to recapture of patients from the network to WRNMMC.
- Meets with Government approved vendors, publishers and suppliers to discuss and estimate project costs and time lines.
- Oversees commercial printers on technical and quality outcomes and determines required paper stock, printing techniques, and process as necessary to ensure quality and successful and timely completion of each project.
- The Department expert on QR symbol and APPS creation and Website technology and works directly with the IT team on these issues.
- The Directorate Expert on Mass mailing including the rules and regulations of government mass mailings federal laws and restrictions.
- Works directly with the Public Affairs Office as the Marketing advisor on the Command Social Media sites.
- Manager of the Command Media placement/Enrollment Campaign.
- Works on several projects simultaneously in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze, integrate and act upon a large amount of information or customer service data quickly and the ability to translate statistical data into functional recommendations.
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.