The Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center is Washington's premier special events and conference facility, located on historic Pennsylvania Avenue in the heart of Penn Quarter in Washington DC.
At Trade Center Management Associates we are currently seeking On Call Utility Stewards to add to our Stewarding Department.
Summary of the Position:
Handles equipment (both dirty & clean) / cleans & sanitizes equipment (both manually and with automated equipment - dish machine) / sweeps & mops floors in kitchen and pantry areas / works harmoniously with co-worker (both within and outside of own department) / adheres to safety and sanitation standards
• Adhere to proper lifting, pulling and moving guidelines established by the company.
• Adhere to proper garbage removal and recycling guidelines, and ensure that all garbage disposal bins/areas are kept clean/tidy.
• Adhere to all health and sanitation code at all times as required by company.
• Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils, and other small equipment routinely used in the kitchen or Events following established guidelines.
• Sweep and mop all floors in kitchens or in back of the house areas
• Check and refill soap dispensers
• Maintain all dish machines and dish room areas.
• Always maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Carry out general cleaning as directed, to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of rubbish bins and boxes.
• Assist kitchen and Events staff as and when necessary, especially when asked to do so.
• Assist the kitchen and Events staff in dispatching foods and manning breakdown stations.
• Assist/support Floor Stewards
• Ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen and dish room areas, including walk-ins, floors, walls, drains, etc.
• Immediately and effectively report any equipment breakage or damage, as well as any maintenance or hazard issues to the shift Supervisor / Manager.
• Ensure proper maintenance and storage all equipment: China, Glassware, silverware, and others.
• Clean and polish silverware, and ensure all equipment is clean and in good working order.
• Check all chemical levels and inventory.
• Consistently adheres to SDS (Safety Data Sheet) information related to the proper and safe use of chemicals in the workplace.
• Follow all company dress and grooming codes.
• Kitchen Steward/dish washing experience preferred.
• Ability to bend, stoop, walk, lift up 50 lb., and push and pull up to 100 lb. with or without reasonable accommodation/assistance.
• Ability to work a full eight-hour shift walking and standing with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to maintain a positive/upbeat/respectful attitude/personality toward everyone at all times.
• Ability to transport heavy equipment through public areas, including Kitchen environment, pantries, and several crowed areas both in the back and front of the house areas in safe and professional manner.
• Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to details, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of Supervision.
• Punctuality and regular, reliable attendance.
• Ability to work lengthy and late hours when necessary
• heat, steam, and cold conditions prevalent
• moderate to heavy noise
• standing for prolonged periods of time
• work with and around chemicals and chemical odors
• moderate to heavy lifting (excess of 50 lbs)
• stressful situations & multi-tasking required
• wet and/or greasy floors and surfaces
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities