The Department of State, Africa Bureau's Office of Security Assistance seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist to join its team, which is responsible for conducting M&E of programs to determine if they are effective, sustainable, and appropriate; to identify lessons learned and best practices; to provide recommendations to improve programming moving forward.
The Department of State's Africa Bureau's Office of Security Assistance has sought out the assistance of Alutiiq Information Management, LLC (AIM). To that end, AIM seeks an M&E Specialist to support the team with these efforts. The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Assists the Monitoring and Evaluation Team Lead in providing technical monitoring and evaluation services for security assistance programs;
- Participate in the development and completion of deliverables such as quarterly reports, trip reports, field assessment reports, program reviews, and program evaluations;
- Monitor how efficiently the Department of State is utilizing appropriated funds in support of program managers;
- Provide support to taskers relating to financial performance monitoring data;
- Monitor performance of program activities such as military training, the delivery of equipment, and/or advisory support;
- Conduct calls and coordinate with program implementers to collect After Action Reports (AARs) and data in support of performance monitoring;
- Participate in field visits to monitor implementer progress for ongoing programs;
- Participate in field visits after programs have ended to conduct post-project site visits;
- Complete annual program reviews/evaluations;
- Document lessons learned to improve programming
- A Bachelor's Degree in International Affairs or Security Studies with graduate level research from an accredited university.
- At least three (3) years of experience in the international affairs field and preferably, within the security field.
- Experience in conducting analysis for clients and/or doing M&E of foreign assistance programs
- Team player and ability to work well collaboratively
- Proven ability to deliver quality written and oral products to diverse audiences.
- Must have and maintain an active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with foreign, security assistance or professional military education initiatives.
- Experience with security assistance programs that build military and security system capacity in Africa.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.