About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
HDR is looking for a copy writer to join our downtown Denver team. We need a creative and energetic individual to help bring to life the extraordinary stories that make up our culture, community, and employee ownership. Content may eventually find its way into a variety of communication mediums including video, newsletters, talking points, intranet posts, and flyers.
Must be a current student in a communications, journalism, public relations, or advertising program.
12-15 hours a week.
Only self-starters need apply.
Offer real-world experience on exciting projects
* Connect with recent college graduates and our company leaders through mentoring and young professionals programs
* Perform assignments under the direct supervision of a professional or Project Manager
* Edit and format documents and create templates in Microsoft Word using styles, track changes, and other features
* Specific duties include correcting errors (in spelling, grammar, and punctuation), ensuring accuracy and consistency (in formatting; parallel construction; facts and data; cross-references to chapters/sections, tables, and figures within the text; and references to sources used), and improving style and syntax (for clarity and a logical flow of ideas).
* Create compiled pdfs in Adobe Acrobat with links, bookmarks, etc.
* Perform other duties as needed
Junior, senior, or graduate student enrolled in a degree in English, journalism, or a related field
* 3.0 minimum GPA
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe (Acrobat)
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Attention to detail a must
* Strong organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* Experience using The Chicago Manual of Style for source citations and other matters of style
* Preference given to local candidates
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.