Residence Inn by Marriott Washington DC / Foggy Bottom, a leader in the hospitality industry, is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Housekeeping Manager to help lead our team.
The Assistant Housekeeping Manager is responsible for Housekeeping, Payroll and Front Office. The Assistant Housekeeping Manager is responsible for ensuring Island Hospitality Front Office and Housekeeping SOPs are in place and consistently followed.
To ensure quality guest service, the Rooms Divisions Manager is expected to:
- Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet daily business demands
- Maintain consistent and effective flow of communication between shifts among fellow managers and Service Professionals
- Actively participate in training and continuing education of all Rooms Division Service Professionals
- Responsible for payroll for all departments
- Responsible for actively recruiting and hiring for all Housekeeping positions
- Approach all encounters with guests, employees and members in a professional and personalized manner
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Island Hospitality Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the Hotel
- Must have a professional image and personality exuding confidence and leadership skills whilst encouraging safe and efficient hotel operations
- Coordinate E-Checkin, arrival, departure, and special needs of Marriott Bonvoy Elite guests
- Identify and solicit potential new Marriott Bonvoy members
- Understand and communicate promotions and enhancements effectively with Service Professionals and guests
- Serve as a general guest information source. Act as a salesperson for Island Hospitality
- Build rapport with Marriott Bonvoy guests, distinguished visitors; escort guests to rooms as necessary, encourage feedback throughout their stay
- Offer to handle special arrangements during guest stay; coordinate future visits
- Maintain database of guest preferences, habits, special dates through Fosse/GXi System
- Assist with additional Front Desk tasks
- Oversee Housekeeping Supervisors to ensure room standards before turning room ready for guest usage
- Oversee inventory and ordering supplies and linens for both housekeeping and Front office
- Complete projects in a timely manner as required by the General Manager.
- Be able to participate proficiently in functions outside one's department when called upon.
Join a company that exceeds your expectations:
At Island Hospitality, we emphasize training and constantly strive to foster a learning environment that provides clear career paths for all team members regardless of entry level into the Island organization. We provide training programs to new team members and ensure that our current team member training is an on-going and continuous process.
- Proficiency in English (verbal & written), multi lingual is a plus
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours and schedules
- Must be able to endure physically long periods of standing
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
- Must posses leadership skills and be able to motivate Service Professionals through difficult points within the operation
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by guests and members
We are pleased to offer a wide array of Company sponsored benefits including:
- Wellness : We offer health benefits
- Planning for Your Future: 401(k) Retirement plan - IHM Matches 100% up to 3% of your salary and an extra 50% on the next 2% of your salary. 401(k) is fully vested upon first contribution
- Taking Time For You: Paid vacation and sick time as well as free room nights at our hotels
- Rewarding Hard Work: Incentive based bonuses
- On-going Development : In-house training program
- Career Development: Throughout your career with Island Hospitality, we will ensure your success by providing training and career growth opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer