POWER YOUR FUTURE WITH REUTER HANNEY, a CE Power Company, in our Field Services department as a Senior or Lead Field Service Apparatus Technician. Due to continued growth, we are seeking seasoned Apparatus Technicians and Field Apparatus Engineers. If you have 5+ years of apparatus testing experience in a breaker shop or low and medium voltage industrial facility, we want to hear from you!
Our seasoned apparatus service technicians lead and perform testing, maintenance and repair of low and medium voltage circuit breakers, transformers, switchgear, motor control and other electrical apparatus in the shop and in the field. Adhering to our Reuter Hanney Fundamental- “Always Safe”, all of our employees contribute to a safe work environment, follow all safety and Human Performance best practices, and work to uphold our Fundamentals.
As a Senior or a Lead Apparatus Service Technician or Field Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Performing testing on low and medium voltage breakers including Megger, Ductor, Hi-Pot, Hi-Current, and Timing tests.
- Completing mechanical work and repairs on breakers, including tear down, refurbishment and parts replacement.
- Painting breakers and parts.
- Wiring circuit breakers.
- Utilizing and accurately reading meters.
- Reading schematics and wiring drawings.
- Troubleshooting circuit breaker controls.
- Reading and plotting time-current curves.
- Testing power and current transformers, including Power Factor and TTR.
- Accurately and consistently documenting using Power DB.
- Able to work with electrical tools and socket sets.
- 3-5 years’ related experience in power plants, industrial services, primary power distribution and related protection and control schemes.
- Minimum 2 years of industrial or commercial power systems experience.
- Licensures and Certifications: NETA 2, 3, or 4 preferred.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Reference and complete assignments as described in applicable specifications.
- Perform regular field work both indoors and outdoors.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, business acumen, management ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Valid Driver’s license and good driving record.
WHY WORK FOR REUTER HANNEY?
- Reuter Hanney provides comprehensive solutions for upgrading, testing and maintaining the reliability and efficiency of substation and generation assets.
- Reuter Hanney has deep, one-stop resources that smaller companies can’t provide. Yet unlike many larger companies, we have direct relationships with all leading OEMs, which ensures that the recommended solution also happens to be the best solution.
- Full Time or On- Call employment opportunities available.
- Beyond Compensation: Total compensation doesn’t just include salary, but there are a number of fringe benefits to select from for full-time and part-time employees.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance starting the 1st of the month after employment for our employees and their dependents.
- Paid Time Off- We value work-life balance; so much so, that we have a Fundamental reflective of this: Live a Healthy Lifestyle. We’re a family-friendly company and we recognize the importance of spending time with loved ones
- 401(k) Matching.
- Company paid Short Term Disability (STD).
- Life Insurance- Basic Life Insurance is offered to our employees at no cost.
- Continuing Education assistance offered to our employees who wish to pursue their formal education.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.