Performance Improvement Consultant (190000S7)
Leads, conducts and/or facilitates multidisciplinary improvement activities to ensure the highest quality patient care outcomes for Children's National Health System. Serves as a role model and expert in the use of the Model for Improvement, Lean, and change theory . Acts as a catalyst for the development of innovative solutions to health care problems. Supports activities related to creating a quality culture, ensuring regulatory compliance and strengthening pediatric improvement science.
Bachelor's Degree- Required in a Health related field (Required)
Master's Degree- Preferred
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Minimum Work Experience
2 years Quality improvement experience in a hospital setting and 3 (three) years clinical experience or clinical exposure. (Required)
Must have knowledge of and the ability to apply quality management/continuous quality improvement concepts to health care issues. Must be proficient in Model for Improvement and Lean or demonstrate the ability to quickly acquire Lean skills.
Must be detail oriented, analytic, able to facilitate multidisciplinary improvement teams and negotiate conflict.
Must be proficient in MS Office Suite; possess excellent interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
1. Provides consultation, team facilitation and leadership to clinical, medical, administrative and interdisciplinary teams regarding
2. performance improvement (PI) methodologies; assisting teams in executing change, achieving desired outcomes, and sustaining then
3. spreading effective change and redesign.
4. Educates multidisciplinary teams in Lean methodologies then coaches teams to achieve desired outcomes.
5. Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships and effective communication to facilitate improvements, fostering
6. collaboration, partnership, innovation, customer service, and effective teamwork.
1. Uses data to determine educational needs and program content then develops education plans to close identified knowledge and performance gaps.
2. Educates departments, teams and staff on PI and quality , including organizational PI methodology and Lean techniques using adult learning theories.
Quality Data Management
1. Assists teams in collecting, aggregating then analyzing data, and developing realistic improvement plans.
2. Collaborating with team members, develops metrics, data tools, and effective reports to facilitate decision-making and spur improvement.
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others' ideas and opinion
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.