- Reston, VA, USA
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
FireEye iSIGHT Threat Intelligence is a proactive, forward-looking means of qualifying threats poised to disrupt your business based on the intents, tools, and tactics of the attacker. Our high-fidelity, comprehensive intelligence delivers visibility beyond the typical attack lifecycle, adding context and priority to global threats before, during, and after an attack.
Interns will develop iSIGHT intelligence capabilities and coverage to fill identified gaps in our completion of customer requirements to deliver the most comprehensive, contextually rich, actionable intelligence.
- Create written intelligence reporting to address coverage needs, under the direction of senior analysts. These will typically be two to seven page analytical reports, delivered to specific or multiple Intelligence customers.
- Complete an approximately two-week, hands-on training course on FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence, analyst work within the Intelligence group, and subject matter.
- Identify and nominate solutions relevant to the areas they work on that could be implemented to increase value to Intelligence customers. Areas which interns are assigned to work on will be determined based upon their interests, their expertise, and which intelligence needs senior analysts evaluate as priority.
The internship will include on-the-job training to provide specific subject matter expertise. So, interns will need to have the capability to learn designated subject matter and roles relatively easily, but are not necessarily expected to already have direct experience in the threat intelligence analyst role. Internship candidates deemed to likely have the necessary skill sets will be asked to perform a simple evaluation task during the candidate selection process to evaluate their capabilities.
Beneficial experience, skills, and knowledge include the following:
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive, practical knowledge of research and collection skills as well as analytic methods
- Ability to assess and analyze information from various sources to develop actionable intelligence
- Strong writing skills with ability to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Previous experience or knowledge of cybersecurity concepts
- Experience with analyzing large data sets to identify notable conclusions or actionable trends for reporting
- Foreign language expertise (Russian, Chinese, etc...)
- Familiarity with tools such as Wireshark, nmap, Metasploit, Nessus, Snort, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.