- Reston, VA, USA
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
FireEye iSIGHT Threat Intelligence is a proactive, forward-looking means of qualifying threats poised to disrupt your business based on the intents, tools, and tactics of the attacker. Our high-fidelity, comprehensive intelligence delivers visibility beyond the typical attack lifecycle, adding context and priority to global threats before, during, and after an attack.
Interns in this position will perform malware analysis and related technical analysis tasks in support of iSIGHT Intelligence.
- Complete approximately two weeks of hands-on training on FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence, malware analyst work within the Intelligence group, and subject matter.
- Track malware, malicious campaigns, or actors through technical analysis of data, malicious codes, exploits, and infrastructure.
- Perform reverse engineering and behavioral analysis of malicious codes and related artifacts.
- Collaboratively and independently write reports documenting findings that intelligence customers can use to better understand malicious activity and how to defend themselves.
Internship candidates will generally need to demonstrate basic capability to perform malware analysis and related technical analysis functions. The internship will include on-the-job training to provide specific subject matter expertise. So, interns will need to have the capability to learn designated subject matter and roles relatively easily, but are not necessarily expected to already have direct employment history in malware analysis. Internship candidates will be asked to perform a simple evaluation task during the candidate selection process to assess their capability.
Beneficial experience, skills, and knowledge could include the following:
- Basic understanding of malware analysis
- Understanding of how operating systems work and how malicious actors exploit them.
- Understanding of network traffic and fundamental networking/communication protocols such as BGP, DNS, HTTP, TLS/SSL, SMTP, etc.
- Awareness of currently-prominent cyber threats, malware, and computer exploitation tactics.
- Experience with any of the following concepts and related tool sets:
- Network sniffers
- Process analysis tools
- Registry analysis tools
- File analysis tools
- Memory analysis tool
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.