Within the shared governance model, this individual is responsible for comprehensive function and outcomes of defined clinical areas to include compliance with regulations, human resource issues, fiscal accountability, patient satisfaction and service excellence. Participates in the planning and development of programs. Serves as a collaborative partner with the medical staff, the community and the organization at large.
- Directs overall operational functions for assigned areas.
- Sets priorities for data collection for identified performance improvement programs which are related to organization's goals and priorities.
- Projects volumes, needs, and clinical services on an annual basis justifying variances and initiating corrective actions to adjust variances accordingly.
- Directs the ongoing activities of personnel related to skills competency targets and adherence to staffing policies to assure efficiency of resources.
- Functions as an expert in the management of patient care in the clinical area.
- Facilitates and participates in ongoing teams designed to plan, communicate, implement, and evaluate optimal patient care delivery systems.
- Ensures that effective ongoing communications and information sharing occurs at the inter/intra departmental levels.
- Develops annual staff development goals for assigned area and performs routine staff appraisal to address professional growth per hospital
Required Minimum Experience: Five years of relevant clinical experience plus three years of management experience.
Required Education: Master degree in nursing or Master degree in another field with a bachelor of science in nursing.
Required Certification: American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS. NRP within one year of hire.
Diversity Inspires Inclusion and Inclusion Includes Y.O.U.