PATINA RESTAURANT GROUP
seeks Unit Controller - LA Office
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and food service operations in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Patina Restaurant Group is passionately involved with the preservation and promotion of America's great cultural centers. Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia or Chef Street in Macy’s Herald Square - our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
THE POSITION SUMMARY:
Patina Restaurant Group is seeking a Controller to take responsibility for overseeing all of the accounting functions and financial data of their assigned restaurant or food and beverage establishments. This is a great opportunity for someone with exceptional financial acumen who can analyze monetary data and develop the most efficient working plans of action to maximize return on financial assets. Controllers are responsible for following established financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. The ideal candidate is able to communicate and work closely with various department heads including Directors, Executive Chefs, and General Managers in order to align on financial system preferences, processes, and goals for development of their responsible locations. With these responsibilities come unlimited opportunities to build and grow as a finance professional with a healthy work life balance in Patina Restaurant Group’s friendly and enjoyable work environment. Will be responsible for Patina Catering and Kitchen for Exploring Food (KFEF)
• Enforce financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems; develop the most efficient working plans of action to maximize return on financial assets and/or unit performance
• Analyze the financial impact of major business operational issues and decisions affecting the business and delivering timely reports as requested using KPI’s or other standard metrics.
• Provide effective leadership to ensure complete accountability for financial and operational performance.
• Coordinate yearly budget preparation, weekly and monthly forecast reports of financial progress within given units.
• Manage day-to-day operations of the unit level accounting, review and audit cash deposits
• Further review accounting entries on a regular basis in order to ensure that there is accuracy and timeliness, maintaining a strict confidentiality of operational, financial, and business information.
• Recommend appropriate structures of business or aiding in merger and acquisition financial activities.
• Communicate and work closely with various department heads including Executive Chefs, Restaurant General Managers and various Directors within designated units.
• Ensure that accounting policies and procedures are being adhered to.
• Must be results oriented with an emphasis on both individual and team accountabilities
• Maintain a complete understanding and utilization of purchasing and inventory software, cash management
• Combine the financial data with company actions and recommend business moves appropriate to increasing profit and success without reducing quality products and service.
• Support management initiatives and help streamline back office functions.
• Perform variance analysis for P&L. especially Prime Cost
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Unit Controller, Staff/Senior Accountant or Financial Analyst position in a full service, high volume restaurant, hotel, or other food and beverage/ hospitality unit with a similar capacity and clientele.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other applicable specialization preferred.
• Restaurant specific experience should include recipe and theoretical food costing, processing accurate inventory (including enforcement of inventory procedures) and familiarity with federal and applicable state wage order compliance matters.
• Experience in budgeting & forecasting and financial modelling
• Must have experience in on an offsite premise catering atmosphere or operation as a Staff Accountant or Unit Controller
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required financial software (i.e. Oracle, Great Plains, Compete Menulink, Kronos
We’re looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed our guests’ expectations to become part of the winning team at?Patina Restaurant Group. PRG employees enjoy competitive compensation packages, major medical insurance options, paid vacations, matching 401K programs, and exciting company dining rewards.
We are more than just an equal opportunity employer and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Patina Restaurant Group enthusiastically celebrates the powerful and profound diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive, and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.