PATINA RESTAURANT GROUP
seeks Steward Manager for Rockefeller Center
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and food service operations in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Patina Restaurant Group is passionately involved with the preservation and promotion of America's great cultural centers. Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia or Chef Street in Macy’s Herald Square - our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Rock Center Café is located in one of the most memorable landmark locations in New York City. Known as “the city within a city,” Rockefeller Center was built in 1930 and offers an ornate architectural display that marries themes of culture, history, entertainment, and art in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. Rockefeller Center encompasses 19 commercial buildings covering 22 acres between 48th and 51st streets in New York City. With beloved traditions such as the annual tree lighting ceremony and the seasonal ice skating rink, Rockefeller Center is a quintessential example of New York’s cultural and artistic significance, as well as one of NYC’s top attractions within Midtown Manhattan. A legendary complex with nearly 100 years of history, Rockefeller Center is a breathtaking landmark for NYC locals and visitors alike. We serve seasonally-updated, chef-driven cuisine for breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch, along with house-crafted cocktails and New York’s top brews in a classic Midtown lounge atmosphere. Rock Center Café offers exceptional dining ambience, featuring a series of original prints by the great American artist Andy Warhol, and stunning views of The Rink at Rockefeller Center in the winter months and Summer Garden & Bar in the summer month
THE POSITION SUMMARY:
Patina Restaurant Group is seeking for a back of house professional to position as Steward Manager. This individual will receive, maintain, store, and conduct quality control for all front and back of the house restaurant supplies. He/she will accept all deliveries, check invoices, document deliveries, inspect goods and report quality and quantity, place the goods in their designated areas, and monitor inventory of storage areas and inside the kitchen. Steward Managers must ensure that all deliveries are timely and received according to company and restaurant safety and quality standards. The ideal candidate possesses strong food knowledge and organizational skills. This representative will be the direct supervisor of subordinate stewarding staff responsible for hiring, training, and motivating their stewarding team. Other BOH duties may include ordering and coordinating food supplies and beverage and performing quality-control checks on deliveries, ensuring all necessary equipment is running, supervising kitchen and cleaning staff, and ensuring that health code regulations and liquor laws are obeyed.
With these responsibilities come unlimited opportunities to grow as a supervisory professional with Patina Restaurant Group’s friendly and enjoyable work environment and healthy work life balance.
· Supervise and lead the duties of all stewarding department employees, maintain facilities, conduct necessary kitchen operations, and monitor costs.
· Receive and process all unit orders and deliveries according to company protocol.
· Ensure Back of House areas and operations are maintained to the highest sanitary and quality standards, assuring cleaning schedules are followed and completed.
· Work closely with the Chef, Banquet and Catering Managers, and various departments to anticipate guest needs and ensure items that are required for service are available when needed.
· Facilitate banquet plate-ups and buffet arrangements by transporting and ensuring adequate stock; mobilize necessary transportation and set-up staff.
· Co-ordinate with the restaurant managers to check their supply, orders, and or operations required for the day and the next day.
· Enforce proper cleaning routines for service ware, equipment, floors, dish room machinery, etc; ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
· Monitor supplies and submit monthly reports on shortages in china silverware and equipment and requisition replacements as required while following budget guidelines; ensure necessary items are ordered in a timely manner.
· Ensure all food holding and transport equipment is in working order.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a managerial stewarding position or related back of house position with supervisory responsibilities in a full service high-volume restaurant, hotel, or other food and beverage unit with similar capacity and clientele.
· Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s.
· Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certification required.
· Able to effectively mobilize back of house staff as needed.
We’re looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed our guests’ expectations to become part of the winning team at the?Patina Restaurant Group EOE. PRG employees enjoy competitive compensation packages, major medical insurance options, paid vacations, matching 401K programs, and exciting company dining rewards.
We are more than just an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Patina Restaurant Group enthusiastically celebrates the powerful and profound diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive, and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.