THE POSITION SUMMARY:
Patina Restaurant Group seeks an Culinary Purchasing administrator. We are seeking a highly proactive and forward thinking individual to support assist the Purchasing Managers and Directors in all aspects of administration of FSA. This individual must be personable with a can do attitude and a leader; experienced in handling a wide range of confidential, supportive tasks, organized and can keep projects on track.
The ideal candidate will have kitchen / back of the house experience looking for a corporate entry-level position with an opportunity to grow within our company. Must possess strong food and facility knowledge and has experience in the kitchen / back of house duties including ordering and receiving food, beverage and supplies. This depth of hands on experience in the kitchen / back of the house is the foundation needed in succeeding in this role of Purchasing Administrator.
THE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & FUNCTIONS:
• Maintains and updates FSA Master Order Guide in alignment with standards and programs.
• Collect and compile monthly vendor usage reports, data entry
• Collect and compile data for use in analysis (examples include: cost effectiveness, item comparison, program compliance).
• Assist in onboarding new vendors to FSA (examples include: FSA Vendor Info Setup, FSA Item Lists, prepare credit apps and new vendor docs for approval by Purch Manager).
• Assist in onboarding new units in FSA (examples include: FSA Unit Setup, Create Opening Order Guide & Inventory).
• Maintain and update vendor contacts in FSA.
• Maintain and update unit distribution groups in Outlook.
• Prepare & post information unit bulletins in FSA (for example: vendor holiday closures).
• Monitor and respond to “write-in” items that move through FSA.
• Assist units in troubleshooting FSA issues.
• Assist units with vendor service issues.
• Minimum of 1-2 years kitchen or steward experience; Experience in various phases of kitchen and back of the house operations
• Culinary Arts / Hospitality degree
• Knowledge and experience working with Food Service / Restaurant Purchasing systems including food ordering, purchasing and accounting related matters
• General knowledge of food and beverage procedures and administration
• Good sound financial skills, including understanding of and strong attention to cost control
• Excellent analytical & inter-personal skills
• Strong organization and writing skills
• Must have a keen interest in administrative responsibilities
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
• Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint & MS office
Note: You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not be included in your job description at your manager’s/supervisor’s discretion.
• Competitive compensation package
• Major medical insurance options
• Dental, vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation
• 401K program
• Company discount dining program