|NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR I|
Location: Dulles, VA
Req. Number: 2173
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Candidate will provide technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, laptop and/or systems hardware and software. The position requires strong troubleshooting skills and attention to detail in a fast paced work environment. An A+ certification, at least 4 years of experience working within a help desk system and an associate’s degree in IT are required for this position.
1. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquires and work requests as they relate to maintenance of company computing resources and their related systems.
2. Installs, configures and upgrades computer hardware and software.
3. Provides end-user hardware and software troubleshooting and support, including printers.
4. Comfortable providing support in person, over the phone and online to end users.
5. Candidate will be required to provide support to Windows clients, as well as MAC OSX, iOS and Android based mobile devices.
6. Familiarity with Dell, BOXX, Surface, and Apple products preferred.
7. Knowledge and Troubleshooting experience of VMs and VDIs.
8. Familiar with Windows Server technologies, specifically in areas of printer, user management, MDT, and SCCM.
9. Creates and modify accounts within Active Directory.
10. Strong understanding of NTFS permissions, and Active Directory group management.
11. Install, configure and support both local and network print devices.
12. Familiar with desktop imaging solutions, specifically MDT and SCCM based imaging. Candidate will need to maintain and update images for several computer models.
13. Ability to work in a fast paced environment while still providing high level of support.
14. Strong written and spoken communications skills.
15. Possesses strong time management skills and the ability to work within a team.
16. Provide support and mentoring for less experienced network administrators.
This position requires between four (4) and six (6) years of experience as a Network Administrator.
1. Knowledge of advanced Workstation OS.
2. Knowledge of TCP/IP
3. Follow and write documentation of network hardware.
4. Follow and write documentation of server infrastructure.
5. Knowledge of the operation of MIS supported VTC infrastructure systems.
6. The incumbent must possess an Associate’s degree in CIS.
7. Microsoft Certified MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) or equivalent experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled