Law Office Administrator
Responsible for providing administrative support in a law office. Assists attorneys and paralegals with managing schedules, coordinating meetings and travel, answering phones, and communicating with clients.
- Provide administrative assistance to legal staff in a law office.
- Manage schedules, including trial dates and hearings.
- Coordinate appointments, meetings, and business travel.
- Schedule conference rooms.
- Plan, support, and implement logistics for executive level internal events.
- Coordinate meetings, teleconference, WebEX meetings and video conferences.
- Coordinate with customers, external counsel and other vendors to obtain and exchange information and documentation related to legal matters.
- Assess the urgency of situations and determine appropriate actions, monitor status of pending item, provide follow up and keep management informed by communicating a wide variety of information.
- Prepare legal correspondence and presentations.
- Maintain legal management systems.
- Conduct research for report preparation.
- Train attorneys and support staff in the use of all office systems, including case management system, filing protocols, and docket/diary procedures.
- Utilize case management system for electronic data management of legal files and creation of management reports.
- Ensure that all necessary information is shared between clients and attorneys on various files.
- Oversee and coordinate acquisition and maintenance of legal research and reference materials for office, including hard copy and electronic materials.