Responsible for determining if claimant or applicant is eligible for insurance coverage. Identifies and calculates risk of loss from policyholders and green lights or denies coverage accordingly.
- Assess the eligibility of a customer to receive insurance products, including equity capital, insurance, mortgage, or credit.
- Negotiate and create underwriting agreements.
- Create exclusivity agreements.
- Analyze insurance applications.
- Accompany insurance agents on sales calls.
- Approve or deny applications based on risk assessment.
- Conduct independent investigations of applicants.
- Perform background checks.
- Work with appraisers to determine value of items.
- Determine proper premiums and policy terms.
- Set specific policy terms and conditions.
- Ensure insurance company charges just the right amount for the coverage it provides.
- Analyze risk assessment.
- Quote prices.
- Price life insurance, health insurance, property/casualty insurance and homeowners insurance.
- Use computer programs and actuarial data to determine the likelihood and magnitude of a payout over the life of the policy.