Graduate Teaching Assistant
Responsible for performing teaching or teaching-related duties to assist faculty members, professors, department heads and other faculty. Proctors exams, grades tests and homework, and records grades in grade book. Assigns material in class as needed.
- Assist faculty members with classroom instruction, exams, record keeping, and other miscellaneous projects.
- Tutor or mentor students.
- Perform laboratory research.
- Clean labs and set up or remove specimens.
- Obtain materials needed for classes, including texts and other materials.
- Prepare presentations for lectures.
- Deliver lectures.
- Hand out assignments and grade papers.
- Proctor examinations.
- Record grades and inform students of their final grades.
- Arrange for teaching observations.
- Meet with students during office hours.
- Help professors and teachers develop course plans.
- Assist with student conferences.
- Lead discussion sections.
- Teach undergraduate courses.
- Create and write materials such as a syllabus, visual aids, answer keys, supplementary notes, and course websites.
- Correspond with students on Blackboard or related inter-campus communication system.
- Provide librarians with assistance cataloguing or displaying collections.
- Enforce laboratory rules.
- Take attendance and record responses.
- Record lecture given by professor.