Responsible for consolidating data for the presentation of budgets and providing an overview of the financial status of operations. Maintains accounting records and identifies trends that may help or hurt a company.
- Develop, analyze, and execute budgets.
- Evaluate the relationships between major program changes and the financial status of organizations.
- Ensure there are adequate funds for programs within the organization.
- Employ cost-benefit analysis to review financial requests, assess program tradeoffs, and explore alternative funding methods.
- Provide financial advice to management officials.
- Provide leadership for budget preparation, formulation, presentation, and execution.
- Efficiently allocate limited financial resources.
- Examine past budgets.
- Estimate future financial needs.
- Consolidate individual departmental budgets into operating and capital budget summaries.
- Evaluate the performance of a program and adjust funding if necessary.
- Draft budget-related legislation.
- Conduct training regarding budget procedures.