Fort Myer Construction Corporation is the DMV’s leading infrastructure construction company. If you desire to be part of a company with an opportunity to grow in your career and be rewarded for your contributions – Fort Myer is the place for you. We reward our team members with competitive pay and a robust benefits package, in many cases paying 100% for medical, dental and vision insurance as well as free parking. Our mission is to serve the communities we call home by “helping build the American Dream” in DC, Maryland and Virginia. Our more than 900 team members take pride in their work and as a result, our projects have received local and national awards. If you do not mind hard work desire job securities associated with essential infrastructure projects and want to make a difference in our communities then, please consider joining the Fort Myer Family.
The Seasonal Part-time Dump Truck Snow Plow and Spreader Driver is responsible for plowing snow and spreading salt and de-icer on federal, state, and local jobs located in Maryland, Washington DC, and Virginia. The CDL Dump Truck Driver is responsible for safely operating trucks with a Gross Vehicle weight (GVW) of at least 26,001 pounds throughout the DMV region.
- Plow snow from interstates, highways and other thoroughfares within the DC-MD-NoVA region.
- Spread salt and/or de-icer before snowfall as required to maintain safe, passable roadways.
- Drives truck to transport material/equipment to and from specified destinations.
- Loads and unloads the truck.
- Maintains and checks truck’s equipment and supplies to assure roadworthiness.
- Notifies supervisor immediately of currently needed or anticipated repairs.
- Ability to perform daily Pre- and Post-Trip vehicle inspections as required by DOT/ FMSCR.
- Ability to secure all loads an equipment as required by Federal regulations and FMCC policies.
- Verifies the types of materials being hauled as well as their weight.
- Clearly communicates with supervisor/dispatcher and other truck drivers to ensure deliverables are according to job specifications.
- Keeps truck clean and in good working order.
- Understands and carries out written and verbal instructions.
- Work independent of supervision to complete assigned tasks and maintain schedule.
- Maintains situational awareness and communicates appropriately any hazard that may arise.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess experience operating a plow and spreader box.
- Must possess two (2) or more years of experience plowing major roadways during inclement weather, such as snow and ice storms.
- Must possess a valid and current Class B CDL.
- Must have a relatively clean driving and safety records.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background.
- Must possess a valid DOT medical card.
- Ability to communicate in the English Language (verbal and written)
- Required to be in Random Drug and Alcohol Consortium (Testing Program)
- Required to be enrolled in FMCSA Clearinghouse
- Prior experience with the Fort Myer Construction Corporation is highly preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribe to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants and/or employees are considered for hire, promotion, training opportunities, and work assignments, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or sexual orientation) marital status, national origin, age (40 or older) veteran status, disability, or genetic information or any other basis protected by federal or local laws.