The Seasonal Part-time Dump Truck Snow Plow and Spreader Driver is responsible for plowing snow and spreading salt and de-icer on federal, state and local jobs located in Maryland, Washington DC, and Virginia.
- Plow snow from interstates, highways and other thoroughfares within the DC-MD-NoVA region,
- Spread salt and/or de-icer before snowfall as required to maintain safe, passable roadways,
- Drives truck to transport material/equipment to and from specified destinations,
- Secure load during transit,
- Loads and unloads truck,
- Maintains and checks truck’s equipment and supplies to assure roadworthiness,
- Notifies supervisor immediately of currently needed or anticipated repairs,
- Checks vehicle to ensure mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order,
- Verifies the types of materials being hauled as well as their weight,
- Clearly communicates with supervisor/dispatcher and other truck drivers to ensure deliverables are
according to job specifications,
- Keeps truck clean and in good working order,
- Understands and carries out written and verbal instructions,
- Work independent of supervision to complete assigned tasks and maintain schedule,
- Maintains situational awareness and communicates appropriately any hazard that may arise, and
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED,
- Must possess experience using a plow and spreader box,
- Must possess two (2) or more years of experience plowing major roadways during inclement weather, such as snow and ice storms,
- Must possess a valid and current Class B CDL,
- Must have a relatively clean driving record,
- Prior experience with the Fort Myer Construction Corporation is highly preferred,
- Must have a strong safety record, and
- Must successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background, motor vehicle records check and DOT physical.
- Possess valid DOT medical card,
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections and complete appropriate paperwork,
- Prior experience operating a snow plow and spreader.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribe to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants and/or employees are considered for hire, promotion, training opportunities, and work assignments, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal or local laws.