Advanced Decision Vectors, LLC (ADV) was established in 2009, provides superior program management, program support, strategic planning, and systems engineering to the Federal and Commercial sectors. Located in Alexandria, Virginia, ADV is a Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) contractor that has roots established in the Department of Defense and support agencies. At ADV, At ADV, our company values are Integrity, Distinction, Experience and Achievement.
Do you have experience with the following?
- Serving as, or working for, a Contracting Officer on federal procurements.
- Conducting price/cost analysis on federal procurements pre-award.
- Administering federal procurements post-award; including but not limited to - processing invoices, processing contract modifications, etc.
- Being intuitive and the ability to share best practices with a growing team.
If so, we have a great opportunity for you! We are seeking Procurement/Contract Specialists for our awarded Prime contract with NIH/BARDA (Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority). BARDA, part of the HHS Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, was established to aid in securing our nation from chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) threats, as well as from pandemic influenza (PI) and emerging infectious diseases (EID). T
This position is currently home office with the possibility of hybrid home/customer office in line with COVID-19 regulations.
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Pre/post-award and termination activities, such as: analyzing requirements,
recommending revisions to statements of work/specifications, determining the appropriate type of contract, establishing milestones, procurement planning, conducting post-award and contractual terminations, initiating briefings with contractors to ensure full understanding of terms, handling modifications, resolution of issues related to non-compliance, and the termination process
- Developing, implementing, and analyzing data requirements for planning and executing acquisition documents
- Tracking/monitoring contract actions to ensure compliance with federal regulation, and statutes' Health and Human Services policy, and local agency and division policy, administrative procedures, procedures, and guidance
- Verifying cost-reimbursement invoice cost elements such as fee, G&A, and other indirect rate items
- Support to the Contracting Office to advise and assist in analyzing proposals and applications for conformance with the solicitation or program announcement
- Support to the Contracting Office/Team to conduct post-award administration on awarded contracts. This includes, but is not limited to preparing modifications, exercising options, terminations, providing technical guidance to contractors and CORs, and completing contract closeout.
- Provide acquisition and contracting support in all areas of the acquisition process required to support BARDA
- Position includes support to the BARDA Contracts Office to advise and assist on execution and administration of a variety of contracts for the supplies and services necessary to conduct BARDA programs and projects
- High level of customer responsiveness, creativity, strategic thinking, adaptability and flexibility
- Cradle-to-grave contract administration for services and supplies, including the organization, management and administration of contracts, task orders, delivery orders and other contractual documents.
- Throughout the acquisition life cycle, to include acquisition plans, market research, the development of request for proposals/quotes, source selection plans, quality assurance surveillance plans, award documentation and drafting of contracts and modifications
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in any of the following preferred fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods or organization and management, or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- No less than 1 to 2 years of relevant experience; 3 to 5 years preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with program managers, project officers, and technical subject matter experts analyzing requirements documents and developing work statements
- Prior Federal experience as a FAR based Contracting Officer/Contract Specialist is desirable
- Demonstrated ability in developing, preparing and presenting terms and conditions in requirements related to the award of FAR based contracts
- Demonstrated experience analyzing proposed prices or costs, including such aspects as evaluating technical and audit reports, forecasting price trends and evaluating economic factors. Evaluating methods of allocating cost through various types of overhead and general and administrative expense
- Demonstrated ability negotiating, awarding, and administering competitive and sole source contracts and the analysis of procurement policies and procedures related to FAR-based contracts
- Demonstrated experience in FAR based contract source selection and administration
- Demonstrated experience with Fixed-Price, Cost-Reimbursement, and Indefinitely Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts
- Demonstrated experience with Federal Business Opportunities, General Services Administration (GSA) eBuy, GSA Federal Supply Schedules, and Government-Wide Acquisitions Contracts
- Demonstrated experience in assisting Government Contracting Officers in the development of Request for Proposals, Request for Quotations, Source Selection Plans Acquisition Plans and Acquisition Strategies
- Demonstrated ability in drafting documents in support of the Government Contracting Officer to complete their price and cost analysis to include performing detailed analysis of all elements of cost in proposals
ADV employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee's duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If a covered exemption is requested, it must be approved by our government customer and in line with contractual terms and conditions. You will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination, if selected.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.