We believe that every Team Member makes a difference at Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. (ICS). ICS is a growing, veteran owned, business with the Corporate Office located in Montgomery, Alabama. We support IT contracts for federal, state, and municipal entities as well as private industries across the U.S. and overseas. The team takes pride thriving in a company culture made of uncompromising integrity, drive to get stuff done, grit, selfless service, and excellence.
The objective of the FACTS Reports Project is to help reduce the work backlog of reports for the Family, Adult and Children Tracking System (FACTS) application that have defects and to develop new reports. FACTS is the state's federally mandated State Automated Child Welfare Information System (SACWIS). FACTS is also the system of record for Adult Protective Services (APS) workers to use in their efforts to protect the adult population in Alabama. FACTS is a .Net application with a DB2 LUW backend. Currently the project uses DB2 10 for LUW, Crystal Reports 2013 and Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
The Business Analyst for this project will develop business rules, functional specifications, conduct Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, analyze current reports to identify what is needed to correct the reports, work with FACTS applications functionals and developers to collect information about the reports, develop acceptance criteria for the testing of the reports and work with county and state office users of FACTS in testing and implementing new versions of the reports.
Education and Experience:
1. Ability to develop design and functional specifications, produce deliverables related to the project(s) assigned and assist in post implementation support and system enhancements.
2. Ability to gather, compile and synthesize information with regard to technology processes or systems.
3. Ability to provide support by collecting and analyzing data and reporting results; work closely with users and management to establish requirements/business rules for new reports or modifications and to ensure proper testing and validation of completed reports.
4. Ability to translate business needs from stakeholders to development staff.
5. Ability to work with technical staff to understand and anticipate problems and collaborate to resolve any issues.
6. Ability to resolve complaints with reports and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
7. Ability to perform moderately to highly complex systems analysis work on projects with integrated systems that impact multiple applications to support end-user needs.
1. Skilled in Team Foundation Server (TFS) and SharePoint
1. Experience working in a business analyst role: including analyzing all aspects of the IT environment and providing recommendations for specific issues necessary to ensure the success of complex IT projects.
2. Experience translating business needs from stakeholders to development staff.
3. Experience acting as a liaison between technical staff and users
4. Experience with system development methodology and the ability to apply methodology in a practical manner
5. Process knowledge and experience with Agile/Scrum software projects (Example: Team Foundation Server)
6. Experience with testing and validation reviews, walkthroughs, and user acceptance
1. Prior SACWIS/ACWIS experience preferred.
2. Prior experience with child welfare automated systems such as Medicaid, NCANDS, Adoptions, Foster Care, etc.
3. Prior .Net application experience would be useful.
4. Prior Business Objects Enterprise experience would be useful.
5. Prior experience with Team Foundation Server 2012 or higher
6. Prior experience with SharePoint 2010 or higher
Integrated Computer Solutions Inc (ICS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ICS will consider applicants for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran, veteran status or uniformed service-member status, or any category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.