|Job Description Summary:||
The Division of Safety & Facilities brings together University Resilience; the GW Police Department; Facilities Planning, Construction, and Management; GWorld; Transportation and Fleet Services and Events and Venues to better and more strategically support GW now and into the future. Given the many close connections and strong working relationships among these areas, this organizational structure streamlines university services, increases shared insights and collaboration, and optimizes GW resources.
The GWorld Card Program is part of the Division of Safety & Facilities at the George Washington University. The GWorld system is an enterprise level system that is mission critical to university operations and security. GWorld is the ID card used for campus identification, physical access, parking access, and declining balance financial accounts at GWU for dining and other services.
The Sr. Application Administrator, GWorld position serves as the primary technical owner, operator, and subject matter expert of the back-end (CS Gold) system, and related systems and interfaces such as Mail & Package Services, Parking, Housing and Conference services. This position is vital to the safety and security of GW campuses by managing the physical access system and developing automated systems and processes for card access to facilities. This position reports to the Director, GWorld Card Program Office position. The Senior Application Administrator directly supervises the Application Administrator, GWorld position, who is responsible for more routine application administration work.
More specifically, the Sr. Application Administrator, GWorld Applications will:
1. Serve as the subject matter expert and primary technical operator of the back-end card system (CS Gold) and related systems and 3rd party interfaces.
2. Maintain expert level knowledge of card system, access control, and physical security best practices, software enhancements, critical system upgrades and security patches.
3. Directly supervises the GWorld Application Administrator. Coaches and mentors front-line GWorld staff and delegates less complex work and assignments.
4. Lead high visibility projects with impacts across the university including the development and management of custom interfaces to other databases such as the university's resource planning & student information software (Banner), housing (RMS), and parking systems (Sentry SkiData & T2).
5. Participates in strategic initiatives led by the Division of Safety & Facilities such as systems enhancement, software upgrades, automating workflow practices and researching and recommending new technologies.
6. Manages and executes highly complex and specialized projects such as developing system interfaces, custom web pages, and automated nightly jobs. Utilizes Oracle SQL and Crystal Reports to write custom scripts, imports, and reports for system automation and analysis.
7. Independently performs system administration duties for the GWorld CS Gold card system, related systems to include Admin Web, CS Access, GET, card printing software and printers, and related interfaces.
8. Serves as escalation point for technical issues GWorld and related systems. Investigates and identifies system issues and support calls and seeks resolution in a timely and proficient manner.
9. Develops and maintains critical cross-divisional partnerships including Division of GW Information Technology, Business & Auxiliary Services, and other stakeholders on the design, implementation, and administration of physical security systems and 3rd party interfaces.
10. Works directly with vendors to troubleshoot system problems and implement technical solutions.
11. Works closely with GW IT on the administration and maintenance of GWorld servers.
12. Is available on an after-hours on-call basis in case of system emergencies, outages, upgrades, and any issues involving the safety of GW campuses and GWorld cardholders.
Performs other work-related duties as requested. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
This position is designated as Essential Onsite which means this positions perform essential core safety and operational functions and typically need to be on campus even when access to campus is restricted. (For example: these employees reported to work daily throughout the pandemic - lab personnel, EHS staff, police officers, facilities staff among.)
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
|Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:||
* Previous experience in a university campus card office is highly desired.
* Previous experience, knowledge, and certifications with CS Gold or other card systems is highly desired.
* Experience with Oracle SQL scripting and SAP Crystal Reports, databases, spreadsheets, other scripting languages (erg, Python/Perl) and access control technologies are strongly desired.
* Experience with various web programming technologies to include php, CSS, and Smarty Templating system.
* Experience with project management.
* Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware and software. Enjoys solving complex customer and technical problems.
* Can be a jack-of-all trades, juggling multiple projects and priorities.
* Both technically adept and customer centric, with strong communication skills and the ability to translate complex technical information for general audiences.
* Strong organizational skills and highly detail oriented.
* Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of all work assignments.
* Previous supervisory experience.
This position requires an individual with the following characteristics:
* Commitment to GW's values
* Intellectual, professional and a person of integrity
* Honest, with the highest ethical standards
* Passionate, collaborative, strategic, and smart with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves orientation
* Ability to work independently. Self-starter; hard-worker. Takes the initiative; very high energy
* Personally accountable. Assumes ownership, control, and accountability for all areas of responsibility and commitments made to others;
* Sincere, open, and direct communicator. Puts organizational interests above self- interests and is comfortable expressing candid opinions
* Highest levels of responsiveness
* Combination of strong intellect that is combined with a practical and realistic common sense understanding of how to get things done
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, a strong desire to succeed and exert the extraordinary effort often required
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment
* Ability to work with faculty and staff in a respectful way
* Establish trust and credibility with institutional leadership and across the University
* Seeks "win-win" solutions to help foster continued integration and collaboration
* Flexible and receptive to change; and
* A positive "can-do" attitude.
* Must be responsive to after-hours calls from associates and other colleagues.
|Typical Hiring Range||Commensurate with Experience|
|Campus Location:||Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C.|
|Hours Per Week:||40|
|Work Schedule:||Monday - Friday - 8:00am-5:00pm, available on an on-call basis in case of system emergencies|
|Will this job require the employee to work on site?||Yes|
|Employee Onsite Status|
|Required Background Check:||Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search|
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status
|Internal Applicants Only?||No|
|Job Open Date:||10/13/2021|
|Job Close Date:|
|If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:|
|Background Screening||Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.|
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.