About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Construction Manager - (Temporary)
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a temporary Construction Manager in Washington, DC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews client-developed scopes of work (SOW's) to determine project requirements.
- Work with architects, engineers, and other project personnel as needed to accomplish tasks.
- Walks jobs with client as required to determine any additional requirements, and incorporates those requirements in solicitation requirements.
- Creates necessary documents to award job and begin work. This includes subcontracts, purchase orders, work orders, etc.
- Creates necessary documents for project close-out. This includes financial documents.
- Coordinates work with client and contractors or vendors to avoid conflicts.
- Inspects work as needed to spot deficiencies or potential issues. Works with client and contractors/vendors to correct or mitigate issues.
- Performs final walk-through and develops punchlists as needed. Ensures that punchlist work is properly completed in a timely fashion.
- Create and disseminate reports, memos, or other documents related to projects.
- Set up and conduct meetings with client, client-retained contractors, and others as needed on construction-related issues or projects. Create meeting agendas and minutes and distributes those documents as needed.
- Ensure that all project-related documents are complete and delivered in a timely fashion. This includes manuals, as-built drawings, schedules, etc.
- Responsible for directing and managing Contractor's staff to ensure that all Contractor personnel are qualified to perform the duties.
- Perform sub-contractor oversight duties such as preparation of security forms, proper preparation and protection of work areas, and adherence to project specifications and codes of local areas.
- Closely monitor sub-contractors performance, ensuring all construction sites are clean for the next working day.
- Provide QA/QC and shall perform final punch lists.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction, project management or business preferred.
- Universal CFC desired.
- A minimum of three (3) years of recent experience managing operations and maintenance of facilities.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, direct, and control all aspects of facilities maintenance.
- Ability to organize and lead a group of people, work independently or as member of a team, and to adapt to ever changing priorities.
- Ability to work with the customer to find amiable solutions to difficult issues.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Experience with Windows, Excel is required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled.