At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Concierge reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Concierge is the ambassador for the main hospital site (John and Kathy Schreiber arrival Court and lobby/rotunda) women's 660, the Hunter Family Pavilion (Pavilion F), and the John and Nancy Hughes Pavilion (Administration Pavilion A). The concierge is the first person to greet and assist patients, visitors, and staff and coordinates the flow of patients, visitors, and staff in a positive and timely manner.
- Greets all visitors and patients, determines their needs, issues hospital identification, directs, escorts or assists them appropriately, exemplifying the highest standards of customer service and the hospital's Patients First philosophy.
- Assists patients for clinic-side, outpatient, department needs, inpatient, and alternate locations.
- Communicates directly with physicians, physician offices, charge RNs, Nurse Operation Leaders, security, and other departments as needed to ensure new meetings, patient needs, visitor needs, privacy, and safety concerns are handled promptly and thoughtfully.
- Assesses wheelchair needs of incoming patients and visitors for internal needs and utilizes transport, appropriate services, volunteer services, or self to assist person to location.
- Notifies appropriate parties when visitors or outside vendors arrive for meetings.
- Answers, screens and directs incoming calls.
- Provides information, resolves problems and communicates as needed.
- Assists with preparation of mailings for the department.
- Distributes standard materials to visitors including forms, brochures, and other information about the department or organization. This includes the Guest Guides as a department resource, and the flower guides as well as hoteling options nearby.
- Assists with updating training and procedure manuals for concierge areas.
- Maintains current census, keeps current count of visitors that approach the desk and maintains an up to date physician guide, and contacts independent offices and offsite offices for necessary patient and visitor wayfinding.
- Monitors visitors and coordinates with security to help prevent the spread of the flu through visitor restriction.
- Open and closes the Concierge desks, and maintains an OB Stat kit for emergent needs.
- Logs all deliveries to patients.
- Trains new desk volunteers.
- Checks in all interview candidates and connects with interviewer for new candidate experience in coordination with HR.
- Reviews Press Ganey patient comments, and logs Press Ganey Point of Care comments for appropriate change, follow-up, and improvement methods for department and house.
- Applies visitor wristbands under the department guideline for the wristbands for all inpatient areas and ED, and does specific monitoring around patients with visitor restrictions and women's services.
- Recognizes and facilitates difficult customer situations appropriately, using NM resources for timely resolution understands when to escalate issues or problems.
- Provides information regarding campus, walking paths, boardwalk, cafeteria, appointments, etc. to patients and visitors as needed.
- Schedules meeting rooms for administration and C-Suite executives.
- Assists with projects for leadership Director level and above as needed, and with volunteer projects.
- Puts together presentation documents and prepares conference rooms.
- Assures that patients with communication needs are identified interactions are handled appropriately.
- Serves as an expert resource in way finding and office identification and map tools.
- Utilizes Press Ganey tools, supply ordering, POs, and appointment scheduling, Resource Scheduler, Outlook, and all NETs, Service Now, and MY HR applications for prompt action, response, and assistance.
- Troubleshoots technical and environmental issues through the house that are brought to their attention or seen, escalating to the Help Desk, Engineering, and Environmental when appropriate.
- Communicates customer satisfaction issues to appropriate individuals.
- Provides ideas for process improvements within departments.
- Participates in departmental quality improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 0-2 years of related work experience required, ideally customer service and front-line concierge experience, and medical environment is a plus.
- Computer data-entry/typing experience.
- Excellent communication skills, outgoing, friendly and love to work with the general public.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical functions, read and write in English.
- Interacts in a customer-focused and compassionate manner to ensure that patients and their representatives needs, visitors needs, and staffs needs are met.
- Additional education.
- Customer Service experience.
- 1 year experience in healthcare.
- Additional Language skills.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.