Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
Based in our Tucson site, this entry-level position is part of the R&D team that investigates, designs, develops, and maintains optical-based products, technologies and systems in the measurement of realtime detection of microbial matter in high purity waters. The technologies are focused on laser-based fluorescence and scattering to detect waterborne microbes.
The position works within an engineering-oriented R&D team to develop technologies and products that can detect microbial matter.Youwill have some training or experience in several of the following areas: preparation/identification/quantification of microbial matter using traditional plating methods, instrument-based products and other approaches to quantify bacteria, sterile preparations and handling, cleaning methods, and documenting and validating procedures. You will assist the R&D team with quality testing on products, services, and applications. You will maintain the microbiology laboratory and equipment, and identify improvement opportunities. You will be able towork well in a dynamic, cross-functional environment.
* Contributes as part of a cross-functional product development team to develop optical-based detection technologies and products of waterborne microbes.
* Conducts basic method development related to microbial sample preparation, identification, and quantification.
* Prepares chemical compounds/solutions for testing, development, and research.
* Performs and documents quality tests on microbial preparations.
* Maintains and updates microbiological and chemical equipment/supplies for the laboratory.
* Writes test plans and reports and procedures.
* Understands sterile preparations and handling and cleaning methods.
* Validation of analytical methods, including documenting and validating procedures.
* Basic report writing and data compilation.
What You Need to Succeed
* B.S. Microbiology
* 0-3 years work experience required.
* Experience in microbial speciation, good laboratory practices, and knowledge of working in sterile
* Experience with instrument-based products and other approaches to quantify bacteria is a plus.
* Ability to provide analysis and reporting on data collected in the lab.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Able to work independently as well as a member of a team.
* Ability to travel.
Our Offer to You
About Mettler Toledo
Equal Opportunity Employment
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong.
Job Reference #