Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and people working together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, we’ve been thinking about how people interact with their environments and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather and architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together.
To learn more, visit .
Knoll is currently seeking a skilled, experienced and energetic Business Development Manager to join our Washington, D.C. Region.
This position will raise the visibility, presence and connection of Knoll in the Washington, D.C. market. As opportunities become more complex, with more diverse influencers, the Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying opportunities early, navigating through the numerous decision makers, to drive the target strategy with our assembled team.
- Establish and leverage a network of end-user groups, Real Estate Brokers, Project Managers, General Contractors, Owners, Facility Managers, etc. to identify opportunities and promote the Knoll brand
- Provide consultative support to organizations regarding how their space effects Real Estate, People and Technology, using Knoll’s leading research and workplace expertise.
- Be a leader within our region, leveraging our team’s robust experience and infrastructure to provide a differentiating approach in the market as you drive business
- Ability and comfort level of interfacing in different levels of organizations and within different key vertical markets such as traditional corporate/professional services, Tech/Bio Tech, RE, etc.
- Maintain database and increase pipeline activity
- Participate in industry organizations and attend industry events (average 2 evenings a week 2 mornings a week)
- Assist with industry events calendar to ensure coverage by team
- Host events to drive activity to the Knoll showroom
- BS/BA Marketing/Business degree preferred or the equivalent in experience
- Commercial real estate, project management, brokerage, general contracting, furniture or related industry relationships and/or experience required
- Ability to engage customers on a high level b2b platform
- Prior track record of achievement in positions with significant accountability
- Minimum five years of business development, brokerage, project management, outside sales/sales management experience or equivalent, which includes pricing, sales strategy, and negotiation skills
- Must possess ability to communicate effectively to present Knoll products, position and objectives to associates, management, customers, dealers and professional organizations
- Exudes a high level of professionalism and self-awareness
We are an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States