Proven processes. Proven people. Proven performance by a trusted, award-winning solutions provider and partner.
Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Dumfries, Virginia, ALEX - Alternative Experts is an ISO 9001:2015-certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that's changing the way government does business by delivering a powerful, industry-leading array of core services to help its clients achieve mission-critical objectives.
Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Location: Merrifield, VA
Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not be limited to the following):
- Requirements analysis, design, development, testing and documentation
- Develop end-to-end designs for the web interfaces, Microservices, RESTful API's, reporting and analysis components of projects;
- Provide advice and guidance on appropriate applications, reports and analysis architecture;
- Develop web portals, applications and other user interface components to facilitate the user interface to Business Intelligence resources;
- Assist Decision Support team members: DBAs, database developers, requirements analysts, and others, in understanding data and meeting user requirements;
- Participate in project work groups with Subject Matter Experts and stakeholders to understand data specific needs;
- Participate in performance tuning activities as needed;
- Provide production deployment and production support as needed.
- Candidate will be working in an Agile team and be responsible for analyzing User Stories, followed by designing and implementing the solutions. Candidate will be involved in all aspects of the software development; and demonstrate abilities to learn both the business processes as well as new and existing technologies. Candidate shall understand the fundamentals of three-tier architecture and have hands-on experience with implementing applications using some popular technologies (i.e. Spring Boot, RESTful API's, JPA, Maven, Flyway). Candidate must be able to produce with minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience (focus in technical field a plus, for example: engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field) plus at least 10 years of professional experience.
- Strong experience with Java, JEE, Spring Boot, RESTful Web Services, JMS, JPA, Maven;
- Oracle/MySQL experience to include knowledge of queries and SQL;
- Strong programming/development and coding skills;
- Excellent analytic and design skills;
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving skills;
- Strong communication skills (both verbal & written);
- Ability to analyze complex and large amounts of data;
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employees to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships on the employer. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at HumanResources@alexinc.com.
* Woman-Owned Small Business
* VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Affirmative Action Employer
* Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply