Proven processes. Proven people. Proven performance by a trusted, award-winning solutions provider and partner.
Founded in 1987 and headquartered in Dumfries, Virginia, ALEX - Alternative Experts is an ISO 9001:2015-certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that's changing the way government does business by delivering a powerful, industry-leading array of core services to help its clients achieve mission-critical objectives.
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Merrifield, VA
Description (to include but not limited to the following):
- Prepare test plans and procedures to evaluate software enhancements of image processing systems.
- Develop software script programs to collect performance data from the field systems and prepare reports.
- Develop software for simulators and other testing tools for testing the system software. Configure routers and switches in the lab.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to formulate and document detailed test plans and reports for the systems in comprehensive, quantitative and qualitative terms appropriate for comparative analysis
- Knowledge of script programming for data mining and manipulation of data for preparing reports.
- Experience or a working knowledge of operating systems like Linux. Linux system management is preferred.
- Experience in one or more programming languages such as Java, C, C++, C# or ASP.NET with the ability to discuss the fundamental concepts of programming such as Object Oriented programming.
- Experience in one or more types of database software, MySQL and SQL server are preferred.
- Working knowledge of the basic principles of business information systems hardware, software, development tools, techniques, and concepts
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Education: Bachelor's degree or 6 years of professional experience or a combination of education and professional experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employees to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships on the employer. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at .
- Woman-Owned Small Business
- VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Affirmative Action Employer
- Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply