Proven processes. Proven people. Proven performance by a trusted, award-winning solutions provider and partner.
Founded in 1987 and headquartered in Dumfries, Virginia, ALEX - Alternative Experts is an ISO 9001:2015-certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that's changing the way government does business by delivering a powerful, industry-leading array of core services to help its clients achieve mission-critical objectives.
Job Title: Sr. Java Software Engineer
Location: Merrifield, VA
Description (to include but not limited to the following):
- Participate in meetings with other team members to design user-friendly interfaces in developing high-quality, object-oriented business objects.
- Produce software documentation and update existing documentation.
- Manage work time and priorities in accordance with aggressive development deadlines, client budgets, best practices and a quality/delivery methodology, such as Agile Development, that includes development standards.
- Use Oracle to create SQL queries, tables, views, functions, stored procedures, and indexes for use with applications.
- Experience using JAVA (5+ years)
- The ability to communicate openly and clearly with teammates.
- Strong foundation in object oriented programming.
- Enthusiasm for software development.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in technical documentations and presentations.
- Self-motivated nature with excellent time management skills.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to understand complex code and business rules.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 7 years of professional experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employees to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships on the employer. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at .
- Woman-Owned Small Business
- VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Affirmative Action Employer
- Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply