We are hiring for a SAP Business ByDesign Functional Analyst in our Manassas, VA office.
Aurora Flight Sciences is seeking a SAP Business ByDesign Functional Systems Analyst to provide hands on expertise and technical guidance to the business as it relates to the SAP ByD ERP system.
Aurora Flight Sciences is seeking a SAP Business ByDesign Functional Systems Analyst to provide hands on expertise and technical guidance to the business as it relates to the SAP ByD ERP system. The Functional Analyst will act as a liaison between the business users, SAP and relevant vendors to understand challenges, researches possible solutions, translate them into requirements and deliver solutions.
Responsibilities include a full range of activities including working with internal business customers, business process owners, IT, business partners and third-party stakeholders to define and implement the functional business process requirements for the SAP ByD system.
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) - SAP Enterprise or SAP Business ByDesign experience a plus.
- Understanding of MRP (manufacturing resource planning) systems a must
- Understand and collaborate with key users and management to understand their processes and challenges
- Researches and reviews new methodologies, processes, and solutions that can be integrated into operations which will provide competitive or operational benefits
- Works with users to gather requirements for various reports, third party integration, and application extensions.
- Diagnose and resolve application and process issues as they arise
- Perform functional level unit testing for SAP upgrades and enhancements
- Conduct technical overviews and software capability demonstrations/training to key process owners
- Evaluate user requests for new or modified features and/or business processes to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility to current system.
- Guide functional owners in utilizing core SAP systems in order to meet business needs.
- Evaluate requests or business initiatives to ensure alignment and integration with other functional areas.
- Subject matter expert on manufacturing / supply chain strategy, sales and operations planning, supply chain planning/performance, and inventory management, within SAP Business ByDesign (ByD).
- Implement configuration changes and minor custom development, as required.
- Excellent business acumen and written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- 10%-20% travel required.
- Government contractor work experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in information systems or related area
- 3+ years' experience related industry experience
- This position requires mid-level experience in IT and a strong understanding of ERP systems, preferably SAP ByD or Business One.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to show responsiveness and judgment when exchanging information inside and/or outside the company.
- Ability to work in team environment and demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and dependability.
Aurora Company Overview:
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing Company, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid-prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now, as an independent subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora's innovation is combined with Boeing's size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to shape the future of aerospace systems.
Aurora Flight Sciences, A Boeing Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.