Executive Assistant/GEC Office Management Specialist (OMS)
The Executive Assistant/OMS will develop and maintain administrative processes as required by the Special Envoy and Coordinator of the GEC, and the Special Envoy's leadership team. The Executive Assistant/OMS will contribute to the efforts that ensure the GEC effectively advances its mission to "direct, lead, synchronize, integrate, and coordinate efforts of the Federal Government to recognize, understand, expose and counter foreign state and foreign non-state propaganda and disinformation efforts aimed at undermining or influencing United States and United States allies and partner nations."
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/OMS
* The Executive Assistant/OMS reports to the Special Envoy and Coordinator providing administrative support for a multitude of tasks, including managing projects and initiatives throughout the GEC.
* Provides administrative support to the Special Envoy and Coordinator including arranging travel, time keeping, ordering supplies and equipment order and inventory, as well as manage the Acting Coordinator's calendar.
* Prepare the Special Envoy and Coordinator's travel vouchers for reimbursement upon returning from travel.
* Updates/maintains the GEC's Shared Point Site.
* Administer the preparation of materials for use by the Special Envoy and Coordinator at high levels and sensitive meetings and conferences, gatherings, and public appearances both within the United States and abroad, including managing invitations.
* Accompany the Special Envoy and Coordinator as needed on travel, both in the United States and Abroad.
* Maintain liaison with senior officials, both within and outside of the Department.
* Oversee the Special Envoy and Coordinator's calendar to ensure that priority needs are considered and met.
* Review, analyze, and screen incoming correspondence, routing issues of overriding and central importance to the Special Envoy and Coordinator.
* Make independent decisions on selected matters that can be resolved with own expertise. If necessary, task bureaus and offices in anticipation of the Special Envoy and Coordinator's needs.
* Assist with logistical planning for the Special Envoy and Coordinator's participation in all meetings, both onsite and offsite. Plan, design, and prepare creative visual presentations using Power Point, Visio, and other state of the art applications.
* Prepare confidential background material and reports for the Special Envoy and Coordinator's use in preparing for meetings with other USG officials, high-level officials and leaders of foreign governments, White House staff, and Members of Congress.
* Escort officials to see the Special Envoy and Coordinator to ensure that they get to their meetings in a timely manner.
* Screen visitors and telephone calls for the Special Envoy and Coordinator.
* Assists with various office functions, planning, and logistical support.
* Provides backup support to partner administrative support staff with various tasks including travel, time keeping, ordering supplies and equipment and maintaining inventory, as well as managing office calendars.
* Helps manage the maintenance of Front Office paper and electronic files.
* Facilitates internal meetings, training sessions, and discussions related to GEC administrative policy and procedures.
* Assists in the distribution and deadlines for items requiring the Special Envoy and Coordinator's attention.
* Act as the back-up scheduler for the Principal Deputy Coordinator, Deputy Coordinators, and Chief of Staff.
* Scheduling conference rooms/VTCs.
* Duty officer scheduling.
* Time and Attendance for the entire office.
* Security/clearance passing.
The ideal Executive Assistant/OMS candidate would have the following qualifications:
* Extraordinaire organizational skills.
* Significant experience being professional over the phone, in person, and in writing.
* Experience in tracking document flow and clearance processes and the distribution of documents to appropriate personnel.
* Familiarity with database management and analyses of quantitative and qualitative data (involving various data sources) and results reporting.
* Familiarity with principles and practices of knowledge management.
* Experience in formulating and writing policies, processes, and procedures.
* Experience in developing data logs and reports (with quantitative and qualitative data).
* Demonstrated skills in database management, data entry, mining and analysis, and reporting.
* Ability to learn and work with database applications.
* Demonstrated skills or knowledge of global internet access and research capabilities.
* Demonstrated skills in program administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring.
* Experience in program administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring.
* Facility with standard software, including the complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint), and an ability to learn and work with other software, as well as database applications.
* Strong, timely and precise organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
* Strong critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Strong ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, fast-pace work environment.
* Strong ability to have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
* Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
* Exposure to U.S. foreign affairs agencies and/or international organizations.
* Foreign language skills are preferred but not required.
* A Bachelor's Degree is preferred, but not required for this position.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Full performance in this position requires a Top Secret clearance. Candidates must have a MRPT upon appointment with the ability to obtain Top Secret with SCI access.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.