We are hiring for a Quality Assurance Manager!
The Quality Assurance Manager will work out of our Manassas, VA office.
* As an integrated member of the Aurora VA leadership team, assure the development, production, and delivery of quality products on time and on budget
* Provide leadership over Aurora's AS9100D certified quality management system, and through Aurora's QA systems & processes, infrastructure and workforce, enable production of products that meet requirements
* Define resource requirements and manage AVA QA departmental operating budget to support program and process needs
* Provide direct management coverage for QA owned process elements; Quality Management System, Quality Engineering, Quality Process Support, Inspection, support Test and Evaluation.
* Drive continuous improvement through direct involvement in product development including design reviews, test readiness reviews, manufacturing readiness reviews, and delivery readiness reviews.
* "Own Quality" --Improve organizational culture regarding attention to detail, personal warranty and accountability. Lead by example.
* 5+ years in an aerospace or other vehicular design or reliability engineering role followed by 3+ years in an aerospace quality leadership role at a major aerospace designer/manufacturer.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferred), Quality, or Operations with advanced degree strongly preferred
* Six Sigma Blackbelt certified preferred-ASQ CQM certification desired
* Working knowledge of tolerance analysis methods, quality plan development, inspection methods, test plan development, etc.
* Working knowledge of aerospace development and production methods with emphasis on prototype development processes
* Expertise in AS9100D Quality management systems and interfacing with 3rd parties desired
* Expertise in aerospace risk identification, management, and mitigation desired
* Aware of IPC-610 and -620 workmanship standards strongly preferred
* Working knowledge of aerospace system safety assessments and certification processes preferred
* Working knowledge of 2D and 3D inspection equipment strongly preferred
* Working knowledge of process data analysis methods (SPC, Pareto, Minitab, etc.)
* Working knowledge of ERP systems-SAP or SAP Business ByDesign strongly preferred
* Proficient with MS Office suite of tools
* Excellent oral communication skills
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing Company, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid-prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now, as an independent subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora's innovation is combined with Boeing's size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to shape the future of aerospace systems.