Summary: Willrepresent Arkansas/Oklahoma Gas Engineering by assisting engineers with avariety of projects.
- Assist designers in project designactivities
- Research the status of various publicimprovement projects
- Update Access databases and Excelspreadsheets concerning project status
- Provide project completion data for publicimprovement projects
Education: Currently enrolled as a full-time student (sophomore, Junior or Senior preferred) with a strong GPA pursuing an ABET accredited Bachelor of Science degree preferably in Industrial, Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
Experience: Requires no prior related work experience
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Licenses/Certifications, Abilities & Personal Characteristics (KSLAPs):
- Able to demonstrate and apply excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate and interact with all levels of management and associates and perform well in a team environment.
- A solid foundation in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) is required. Microsoft Access is a plus.
- Able to use initiative, good judgment, and tact to complete assigned tasks.
- Must be able to exert in excess of 30 pounds of force occasionally and/or a minimal amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to view computer terminal for extended periods of time.
- Routinely operates within normal office environment.
- Occasional exposure to all weather conditions; hot, dirty and/or greasy equipment and noise when at field installation sites.
This job description reflects essential job duties, but it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Other duties and tasks may be assigned to this job at the company's
CenterPoint Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer looking to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, people with disabilities, and veterans.