The Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center is Washington's premier special events and conference facility, located on historic Pennsylvania Avenue in the heart of Penn Quarter in Washington DC.
Trade Center Management Associates is currently seeking a few experienced P/T Utility Stewards to add to our Food & Beverage team.
The right candidate will have a flexible schedule, permitting him/her to work shifts in the morning or afternoon depending on the needs of the department.
The person in this position must be able to work weekend shifts and occasionally overnight.
We are seeking to hire individuals who are professional, detailed oriented and committed in maintaining a high level of quality, integrity and respect.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
- Must be able to read, speak and understand basic English
- Keep work area clean and organized during shift
- Have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment
- Assist with break down of dishes, glassware, silverware and other equipment as it is received from Floor Stewards
- Understand ITC policies and Stewarding Department procedures and adhere to them
- Ensure kitchen floors are clean and dry at all times
- Maintain proper cleanliness and operation of dish machine
- Clean dock and dumpster areas
- Assist with banquet plate-up for events
- Must be able to work in humid and wet environment
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform
- Must have reliable transportation
Education and Experience:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include AM, PM overnight, and weekends shifts
- Heavy work - able to move/push a hand cart/truck weighing up to 500lbs, and 50lbs of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- Must have resided in the United States for the past three years and be able to pass a government background check
We are Metro accessible via the Orange or Blue lines at the Federal Triangle Metro station providing direct access into our building. If interested please send resume via e-mail with Utility Steward in the subject line.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.itcdc.com
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities