Under the general supervision of the Project Director, the Closeout Specialist is responsible for the management and administration of all contract files from receipt through close-out for Peer Review Contracts.
- Review expired contracts and task orders to determine their type, contract limitations, contract periods, types of costs, legal status, indirect rates and ceilings when applicable.
- Perform limited auditing services when no previous audit has occurred to reconcile direct and indirect costs billed.
- Ensure receipt of final property inventory, final clearance for the SAMHSA Property Officer, and receipt of the particular contractor’s GPO certification.
- Prepare a Desk Audit Memoranda for each contract in the close-out process.
- Prepare and submit closing documents, and with the GPO’s written approval.
- Correspond with applicable contractors by phone, email or written correspondence to request and exchange information needed in the close-out process.
- Request from the Finance Office reports on the amounts obligated and the amounts paid under each contract/task order.
- Submit checks recovered for overpayment by the close-out process to the Finance Office through the Contracting Officer.
- Attempt to resolve any differences and/or questionable costs by telephone with the contractor.
- Prepare documentation recommending that DCM attempt to recover costs that should be disallowed.
- Preparation of the Close-out Checklist for review and approval of the Contracting Officer.
- Prepare monthly reports and meet with the GPO to review project performance.
- Maintain all files according to contract specifications
- Applicant should possess a bachelor’s degree and a minimum four years of contract close-out experience.
- Experience working as a Federal government contractor is desired.
- Professional written and verbal communication is essential.
- Candidate must demonstrate an intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and SharePoint.