The Peer Review Program Manager will be assigned to a specific Federal Government Program Office to plan, coordinate and manage Federal Grant Application reviews. Grant Reviews supported by Lux are most often held in Washington DC area hotels, in the field through web-assisted telephone conferences or a combination of the two.
Major Area of focus:
Coordinating and Managing Grant Reviews
- Serve as the main contact and support for the Federal Government Program Staff Member
- Facilitate meetings with program staff on a regular basis to determine all resources needed for each review
- Manage small tasks and time allocations for the support staff for each review
- Review requirements for onsite reviews including paneling, meeting rooms, accommodations, banquet event orders, registration, and any other requirement determined by the client or application reviewers
- Set up and Maintain Project Plan for each meeting and enter milestone dates in Project Calendars
- Quality-check data entry into logistics web tool
- Coordinate receipt of applications for reviews
- Develop and/or coordinate grant review support materials and training documents
- Work with the operations team to ensure understanding of program requirements
- Quality check Logistics Coordinator’s assembly and mailing of reviewer materials
- Coordinate and participate in pre-review telephone conference
- Generate Reviewer Grant Packet, including score sheets
- Quality-check Logistics Coordinator’s assembly of reviewers’ grant packet
- Ensure correct room and equipment set-up
- Participate in Initial Briefing
- Ensure that all proposal/applications and other materials are destroyed as appropriate
- Ensure delivery of final grant review Files to client
- Compile and submit reports to Deputy Project Director
- Consult with Project Director and advise on strategies to gain efficiencies and improve functional capabilities with regard to grant review procedures
- Review qualifications of new/potential reviewers and make recommendations to client
- Provide advice and guidance to the client on issues that may affect the grant review
- Assign reviewers to panels, maintain changes and provide final assignments to the client
- Resolve reviewer and application paneling conflicts
- Disperse panel comments and no fund letters as needed
- Track and manage tasks and hours of logistical support
- Help manage expenditures for each grant review
- Plan and supervise on-site activities for meetings and conferences.
- Compile and submit weekly reports to Project Director.
- Monitor the performance of all pre-conference, on-site, and post-conference activities.
- Prepare post-meeting reports.
- Consult with Project Director and advise on strategies to gain efficiencies and improve functional capabilities with regard to meeting and conference planning procedures.