The NAVFAC Washington workforce consists of more than 1,600 civilian and military personnel who provide a full range of facilities engineering products and services, with expertise in acquisition, public works, capital improvements, environmental, real estate, planning and asset management.
NAVFAC Washington serves its many Supported Commands through Public Works Departments at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Joint Base Anacostia- Bolling, DC, Annapolis, Bethesda, Naval Support Activity South Potomac and Naval Support Activity Washington (Navy Yard, Naval Research Lab, Office of Naval Intelligence, Naval Observatory, Carderock), Marine Corps Base Quantico, and Joint Base Andrews.
Mission & Vision
Mission: NAVFAC Washington plans, builds and maintains sustainable facilities and delivers best-value public works, utilities, transportation, environmental, real property, energy and facilities engineering & acquisition services to support Naval District Washington; Navy, Marine Corps and Joint Installations; and Federal activities throughout the National Capital Region.
Vision: We are a professional team that delivers quality, timely, cost-effective infrastructure and facilities engineering services to strengthen Naval readiness and National security.
Service – Professionalism – Respect
NAVFAC Washington is a Service focused organization.
- We exist to serve and support others including Naval District Washington; Navy, Marine Corps and Joint Installations and federal activities in the National Capital Region.
- We put our supported commanders first, and do everything we can to support their infrastructure, facilities and environmental needs.
- We serve and support each other, enabling the entire NAVFAC Washington Team to deliver the most high-quality, timely, cost-effective and affordable products and services.
NAVFAC Washington is a Professional organization.
- We do things right, following sound facilities/engineering practices, principles and policies.
- We obtain, maintain and uphold proper professional certifications, credentials and readiness.
- We conduct ourselves professionally, under all circumstances.
NAVFAC Washington is a Respectful organization.
- We treat everyone with respect: our customers and co-workers alike.
- We respect the law…and the regulations that govern our work.
- We work safely and prevent mishaps.
- We practice 360-degree Teamwork and Respect.